Exfoliating Back Scrubber
Looking for a natural and sustainable bath sponge replacement? Our reusable and eco-friendly, Exfoliating Back Scrubber is an ideal alternative for plastic sponges & brushes. This scrubber is hand-knitted from plant-based, jute fibers. Jute is hard-wearing, has natural antibacterial properties, and can be washed at high temperatures making it possible to use it for up to several years! Once you’re ready to dispose your scrubber, you can compost it in the garden or feed it to your indoor plants! Great for your skin, great for the planet.
Our hand-knitted jute Exfoliating Back Scrubber is an eco-friendly alternative for synthetic bath sponges. The coarse texture of the scrubber improves blood circulation, warms the body and exfoliates the skin leaving it smooth, soft and radiant.
Multiple uses of the Exfoliating Jute Back Scrubber:
Natural bath sponge
The Exfoliating Back Scrubber is a perfect alternative for expensive and often not-so-natural environmentally friendly body scrubs. For silky-smooth results, first let the skin soften in a warm bath, shower, or sauna for 5-7 minutes. Using natural soap and water, firmly massage the skin with the jute scrubber. Jute perfectly exfoliates the skin and removes dead skin cells.
A handy tool for dry massages
Dry massaging is an ayurvedic lymphatic massage practice also called Gashana. Dry massage has an energizing effect, increases blood circulation, and exfoliates the skin leaving it soft, smooth, and radiant. Regular use helps to combat cellulite, bumpy skin, and ingrown hairs. Massage your skin using the dry scrubber, stroking in circular motions towards the heart. Always avoid lymph notes and open, damaged, or irritated skin.
The benefits of using jute scrubbers
- Made of 100% natural, plant-based material and therefore completely toxic-free!
- Jute has natural antibacterial properties and can be washed at high temperatures.
- Environmentally friendly, zero-waste & plastic-free.
- Jute Scrubbers are practical and versatile they can be used for dry massages or as an exfoliating scrubber in the shower. No scrubs needed!
- Jute is durable and wear-resistant – with proper care, your scrubber will last long.
- Can be easily repaired and washed.
- Just rough enough – the texture of the jute easily removes dead skin cells without scratching.
- Compostable – when your scrubber is not repairable and ready to discart, cut it into small pieces and feed it to your plants! The jute decomposes well in the ground, enriching the soil with organic matter.
- Hand-made – our scrubbers sponges, mittens are fully hand-made. With your purchase, you support small businesses and independent craftsmen.
Care instructions for your Exfoliating Back Scrubber:
After each use, rinse the scrubber in hot water and let dry. The scrubber can be machine washed at high temperatures or disinfected in boiling water with a pinch of soda. Jute has natural antibacterial properties and is very wear-resistant. Replace small holes easily repaired with a thread and needle! With proper use, your jute scrubber will last up to 2 years! When your scrubber needs to be replaced, compost your old one in the soil!
What is making our jute scrubber a more sustainable option?
Did you know that most synthetic sponges are not recyclable and go straight to the landfill? With every use, tiny bits of microplastic go straight down our drains and into our oceans where they pollute our coral reefs or are eaten by marine life. Therefore, jute scrubbers eco-friendly alternative for synthetic sponges.
Oil Soap – Lemongrass€5,95