Sustainable Mini Cleaning Mitt
Looking for a green sponge replacement? Our reusable and eco-friendly, Jute Mini Cleaning Mitt is an ideal alternative for plastic sponges. You can use it for washing dishes, glasses, oven trays, blenders and stoves, and other hard-to-reach surfaces, or as a handy soap saver. The mitt easily removes dirt, while keeping your fingers and nails protected. A jute scrubber or a mitt is a real must-have in a zero-waste & toxic-free home. This mitt is hand-knitted from plant-based, jute fibers. Jute is hard-wearing, has natural antibacterial properties, and can be washed at high temperatures making it possible to use it for up to 2 years! Once you’re ready to dispose your mitt, you can compost it in the garden or feed it to your indoor plants!
- 100% honest ingredients
- Shipped plastic-free
- Ordered before 16:00 = Shipped today
- Free delivery in the Netherlands on orders above € 50
Our hand-knitted, sustainable Mini Cleaning Mitt is an eco-friendly alternative for synthetic sponges. It is ideal for washing up glasses, oven trays, stoves and other hard-to-reach surfaces.
A jute cleaning mitt is a must-have in a zero-waste and toxic-free home.
Multiple uses of the Sustainable Mini Cleaning Mitt:
- Dishwashing and cleaning glasses, oven trays, BBQ supplies, grills etc.
- Cleaning hard-to-reach spots such as water taps, shower doors, stoves etc.
- Perfect for cleaning vegetables such as beetroots, carrots, and potatoes.
- Can be used as a soap bag.
The benefits of jute for cleaning:
- Made of 100% natural, plant-based material and therefore completely toxic-free!
- Environmentally friendly, zero-waste & plastic-free.
- Jute Mitts are practical and versatile, they can be used for multiple purposes such as washing dishes and/or cleaning.
- Jute is durable and wear-resistant – with proper care, your mitt will last long.
- Can be easily repaired and washed.
- Just rough enough – the texture of the jute easily removes stubborn dirt without leaving scratches.
- Compostable – after you are done with your mitt, cut it into small pieces and feed it to your plants! The jute decomposes well in the ground, enriching the soil with organic matter.
- Hand-made – our scrubbers, sponges and mittens are hand-made, with your purchase, you support small businesses and & independent craftsmen.
Care instructions for your Mini Cleaning Mitt:
After each use, rinse the mitt in hot water and let dry. The mitt can be machine washed at high temperatures or disinfected in boiling water with a pinch of soda. Jute has natural antibacterial properties and is very wear-resistant. Replace small holes easily repaired with a thread and needle! With proper use, your mitt will last up to 2 years! When your mitt needs to be replaced, compost your old one in the soil!
Environmental benefits of jute cleaning mitts, scrubbers & sponges:
Did you know that most synthetic sponges are not recyclable and go straight to the landfill? With every use, tiny bits of microplastic go straight down our drains and into our oceans where they pollute our coral reefs or are eaten by marine life. Jute is a perfect eco-friendly alternative for synthetic cleaning sponges & brushes.
12 x 7 cm