Mud masks and mud baths have been used worldwide for centuries as cosmetic and healing procedures. And that’s not surprising! Natural mud can solve common skin problems such as pimples, blackheads, wrinkles, cellulite, but also skin diseases such as eczema, psoriasis, acne, and much more. In this article, we’ll tell you all you need to know about beautifying Green Freshwater Mud.
What is Freshwater Green Mud?
Extracted from freshwater lakes of the Scandinavian and Baltic regions, Green Freshwater Mud belongs to one of the most healing muds in the world. Freshwater Green Mud, also called Sapropel is an organic sedimentary slip formed at the bottom of still freshwater lakes. It consists mainly of the remains of aquatic organisms such as algae and plants. As a result of biochemical transformation in anaerobic conditions over a period of a thousand years, it consists of more than 50 different micro-elements, including unsaturated fatty acids, polysaccharides, amino acids, carbohydrates, vitamin-bound forms of iodine, copper, zinc, boron, manganese, magnesium and selenium.
Why is it so popular?
Green Freshwater Mud is an ecologically pure and biologically active product, capable of penetrating deep into the skin, releasing valuable nutrients, and help the body to get rid of toxins. The acid-base balance (pH) of Sapropel is close to the ideal pH level of human skin (5.5. 6.05) and it has strong antibacterial properties and is hypoallergenic making it suitable for all skin types. The natural mud is not chemically treated and contains no (chemical) additives. This makes it popular for cosmetic and medical treatments of the skin.
Different kinds of Mud therapy
Mud therapy (peloid therapy) is a traditional spa therapy, known since ancient times and has not lost its relevance to this day. Of course, today mud therapy is a modern complex of procedures using special devices and techniques, which became possible only with the development of medicine. The Green Freshwater Mud is used in the form of mud baths with the immersion of the whole body, in the form of applications or compresses on the affected area of the body, as a cavity treatment or in combination with modern technology, such as electro-mud treatment, when for a greater effect during the mud treatment uses an electric current.
Sapropelic muds are used for the medical treatment of:
- Migraines, headaches, treatment of depression;
- Treatment of gynecological disorders;
- ENT diseases, respiratory tract diseases;
- Psoriasis, fungal infections, allergies, other skin diseases;
- Injuries and diseases related to the peripheral and central nervous system;
- Arthritis, polyarthritis, disorders of the spine;
- Treatment of bruises, fractures, fresh wounds, scars, burns;
- Various treatments of inflammations
- Prostatitis, impotence, cystitis, disorders of the urinary tract;
- Proctological disorders.
The therapeutic properties of natural mud are truly incalculable! It seems that in nature there are no such diseases, which would not cope with the mud! It is also actively used in cosmetology:
Green Freshwater Lake Mud for cosmetic purposes:
- Prevents skin aging, restores and smooths skin, maintains water & oil balance;
- Helps eliminate cellulite: breaks down fat and helps the excretion of waste products from the body;
- Helps eliminate blackheads and impurities;
- Enriches hair, prevents hair loss, strengthens nail structure;
- Helps to prevent excessive sweating and unpleasant odors.
Our product range
Green Freshwater Mud is easy and safe to use at home. In our store, you can find a wide range of pure Freshwater Green Mud and cosmetics with Green Freshwater Mud extracts. Read our blog: 5 spa-treatments with Freshwater Green Mud for at home – for more inspiration.
This product in your salon or store?
Interested in using and/or selling Freshwater Green Mud in your salon or store? Kalina is the official distributor of organic Freshwater Green Mud in the Benelux. Drop us a message for B2B options.